Friday 3 May 2013

Daily Mail EXCLUSIVE: 'Sexiest woman in the UK, are you joking?' Helen Flanagan on winning FHM's top award and why Kim Kardashian gets her vote


EXCLUSIVE: 'Sexiest woman in the UK, are you joking?' Helen Flanagan on winning FHM's top award and why Kim Kardashian gets her vote


She beat off stiff competition from the likes of Michelle Keegan and Kelly Brook to be crowned FHM magazine's Sexiest Woman in the UK 2013. 
And Helen Flanagan has revealed she was in 'complete shock' to hear she had bagged the prestigious gong, knocking her former Coronation Street co-star Michelle off the top spot. 
Speaking in an exclusive interview with MailOnline, she said: 'It's so flattering, it's really lovely.  I didn't expect it at all, it's a complete shock. 
Scroll down for video
Winner: Helen Flanagan was crowned FHM magazine's Sexiest Woman in the UK on Wednesday night
Winner: Helen Flanagan was crowned FHM magazine's Sexiest Woman in the UK on Wednesday night
'I felt a bit shy, but it was a lovely compliment. It is really flattering when there's so many beautiful women who were up there too. Me and Michelle are such good friends, she'll be really happy for me.'
But rather than agree with her position at the top of the rankings, the 22-year-old actress and model thinks she only won the award because it would have been 'boring' to have crowned a supermodel as Britain's sexiest woman. 
She added: 'Do I agree? Are you joking me? I don't agree with them at all. I think people voted because I was on I'm A Celebrity and I was talked about a lot because of that. If a supermodel won it every single year it would just be boring.' 
No. 1: The 22-year-old actress showed off her incredible curves in a sexy shoot for the lads' mag
No. 1: The 22-year-old actress showed off her incredible curves in a sexy shoot for the lads' mag
New direction: The former soap star thinks it would be 'boring' if a supermodel won the award every year
New direction: The former soap star thinks it would be 'boring' if a supermodel won the award every year
Hollywood megastar Mila Kunis was the winner of FHM's Sexiest Woman in the World title, but Helen believes it should have gone to her idol, pregnant reality star Kim Kardashian. 
She said: 'I love Kim Kardashian, I know people get angry about her because they say she doesn't do anything but I think she's just beautiful. She's got an amazing figure, I love her bum! She's stunning.'
And fans of Helen and in particular, her penchant for sexy magazine shoots, will no doubt be pleased to hear she has no plans to call it a day. 
Britain's sexiest: Helen Flanagan has revealed she was in 'complete shock' to hear she had bagged the prestigious gong
Britain's sexiest: Helen Flanagan has revealed she was in 'complete shock' to hear she had bagged the prestigious gong
Sizzling: Mila Kunis was crowned FHM's Sexiest Woman in the World, but pregnant reality star Kim Kardashian would have got Helen's vote
Sizzling: Mila Kunis was crowned FHM's Sexiest Woman in the World, but pregnant reality star Kim Kardashian would have got Helen's vote
Sizzling: Mila Kunis was crowned FHM's Sexiest Woman in the World, but pregnant reality star Kim Kardashian would have got Helen's vote

And even her boyfriend of four years, Manchester City footballer Scott Sinclair, is happy for her to continue flaunting her assets. 
Helen added to MailOnline: 'I really, really enjoy my photo-shoots and I'm not shy, as everyone knows. It's good fun. If everything is really classy and beautiful and tasteful, I don't think there's anything wrong with sexy shoots. 
'I think women should celebrate themselves as beautiful and sexy. It's a positive thing. Scott would never tell me what to do and what not to do and vice versa. 
Doting: Helen admitted her Manchester City footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair is supportive of her modelling career
Doting: Helen admitted her Manchester City footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair is supportive of her modelling career
'I think it's important when you get together when you're young to do your own thing and focus on your career. I don't think I could be with someone who was going to dictate to me what we do.'
Although Scott didn't seem too fazed by his girlfriend's new title, the platinum blonde bombshell admitted he could be in for a bit of a ribbing at the training ground. 
She said: 'Scott was like, "Aw babe, that's really really nice". He didn't really say too much about it. I think he might get a bit of stick when he goes to training, but he doesn't tell me anything.'
Runners-up: Helen beat stiff competition from the likes of Kelly Brook (L) and Michelle Keegan (R) to scoop the prestigious award
Runners-up: Helen beat stiff competition from the likes of Kelly Brook (L) and Michelle Keegan (R) to scoop the prestigious award
Runners-up: Helen beat stiff competition from the likes of Kelly Brook (L) and Michelle Keegan (R) to scoop the prestigious award
UK does well: Out of 100 women there are 53 Brits on the list
UK does well: Out of 100 women there are 53 Brits on the list
Although Helen has an incredible figure envied by most women across the country, the former Corrie star admitted she finds it 'boring' to focus on her weight and attributed her slim physique to 'stress'.
She explained: 'I've just been really stressed at the moment, so I've really lost my appetite. And I haven't been to the gym because I'm too busy.
'I really don't do anything at all. My weight fluctuated when I was younger, but I'm too busy to concentrate on it. It's really boring!'
And despite the Manchester-born beauty having amassed a plethora of fans, particularly of the male variety, across the country, her number one admirer is still her doting boyfriend Scott. 
She said: 'Scott is really complimentary, he always tells me I'm beautiful. He's very good like that.'
It would seem Helen winning the Sexiest Woman in the UK award could prove to be just as controversial as last year's winner, Tulisa Contostavlos. Just 16 per cent of MailOnline  readers agreed with the accolade, with 84 per cent thinking the honour should have gone to someone else. 
Racy: Helen posted a 'selfie' on her Twitter page of herself asleep with just her FHM award protecting her modesty
Racy: Helen posted a 'selfie' on her Twitter page of herself asleep with just her FHM award protecting her modesty

FHM's Top 10 Sexiest Women in the World 2013

1. Mila Kunis, actress, USA
2. Rihanna, singer, Barbados
3. Helen Flanagan, actress, UK
4. Michelle Keegan, actress, UK
5. Kelly Brook, model, UK
6. Kaley Cuoco, actress, USA
7. Pixie Lott, singer, UK
8. Kate Upton, model, USA
9. Cheryl Cole, singer, UK
10. Georgia Salpa, model, ROI




Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2318861/Helen-Flanagan-FHM-award-win-Sexiest-woman-UK-joking-Kim-Kardashian-gets-vote.html#ixzz2SFa7k3OB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook