Wednesday 23 October 2013

Selena Gomez distances herself from fellow Disney star Miley Cyrus by urging fans to stay true to themselves

'Every day I get told I'm not sexy enough!' Selena Gomez distances herself from fellow Disney star Miley Cyrus by urging fans to stay true to themselves 

Former Disney star Miley Cyrus might be going out of her way to distance herself from her good girl image.
But the same can't be said for Selena Gomez, who urged her fans to stay true to themselves at a concert in Connecticut on Saturday. 
The 21-year-old songstress said: 'Everyday I get told I'm not sexy enough or I'm not cool enough or if I did this or if I did that, I would have people who love me.'
Staying true: Selena Gomez, 21, told fans 'Everyday I get told I'm not sexy enough,' and she urged fans to be true to themselves at her concert in Connecticut on Saturday
Staying true: Selena Gomez, 21, told fans 'Everyday I get told I'm not sexy enough,' and she urged fans to be true to themselves at her concert in Connecticut on Saturday
'Look at this room! I don't have to do any of that to have love!'
Speaking at the sold out Stars Dance tour performance at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut, the Come & Get It singer seemed to distance herself from her fellow former Disney star Miley, who has been attracting criticism after her risque performance at the VMAs in August. 
20-year-old Miley was for years best know for playing the title role in Disney Channel show Hannah Montana, while Selena shot to fame as Alex Russo on The Wizards Of Waverly Place.
Recently interviewed on The Ben Davis and Kelly K radio show, Selena was asked if she would ever appear naked as Cyrus did in the video for Wrecking Ball.
Not shedding her good girl image yet! Selena has said she appreciates the trust that her young fans and their parents place in her
Not shedding her good girl image yet! Selena has said she appreciates the trust that her young fans and their parents place in her
'Hey, I don't judge people. But to each their own,' the pop princess replied, diplomatically.
The pretty brunette has previously said: 'I think everybody has a journey and you feel you have to love at the end of the day.' 
'There is not really a formula. I don't really know if I have fully made the transition yet. I feel like half the time I feel like I'm 15 and then I feel like I'm 21 then I feel like I'm 30 when I'm sitting at home by myself on a Friday night watching the same episode of Friends.'
She also said she appreciates the trust that her young fans and their parents have in her, according to People.com
Getting some distance? Gomez seems to be setting herself apart from fellow Disney star Miley Cyrus, 20, who has attracted criticism for her raunchy performances and the risque video for her latest song Wrecking Ball
Getting some distance? Gomez seems to be setting herself apart from fellow Disney star Miley Cyrus, 20, who has attracted criticism for her raunchy performances and the risque video for her latest song Wrecking Ball
Gomez recently broke down in tears on stage in front of a packed stadium in Brooklyn as she 
sang Love Will Remember, a song widely believed to be about her long term on-again-off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber.
However, Selena insisted her tears were for her fans.
Sharing an instagram picture of herself, the caption read, 'Never ended such a beautiful show in tears because they wouldn't allow me to Instagram tonight. Completely heartbroken and pissed. Thank you SO much Brooklyn. Ill be stopping outside Letterman tomorrow to make it up if you can make it. I love you guys more than you know. Promise.'
She normally takes photos with fans after her Stars Dance tour shows. She was not allowed to on Wednesday night for some unknown reason.
Giving back: The Come & Get It singer posed with numerous fans after the concert on Saturday
Giving back: The Come & Get It singer posed with numerous fans after the concert on Saturday


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2472091/Selena-Gomez-urges-fans-stay-true-themselves.html#ixzz2iUgkHDW3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook