Wednesday 23 October 2013

Katy Perry admits that she had feelings for current boyfriend John Mayer long before they started going out

'I'm actually dating my crush': Katy Perry admits that she had feelings for current boyfriend John Mayer long before they started going out


They have been dating on and off for well over a year.
But Katy Perry has now admitted that she had strong feeling for current boyfriend John Mayer long  before the pair got together at the start of 2012.
In a new interview with W Magazine, the 28-year-old songstress, who split with husband Russell Brand at the end of 2011, says she's thrilled to be now dating her 'crush'. 
He's my crush: In a new interview with W Magazine, in which Katy Perry also poses in a sexy shoot, the singer has admitted that she had a crush on current boyfriend John Mayer long before they got together
He's my crush: In a new interview with W Magazine, in which Katy Perry also poses in a sexy shoot, the singer has admitted that she had a crush on current boyfriend John Mayer long before they got together 
'I had a crush on him for a long time, and it just so happens we fit together great,' she tells the magazine.
In her sit down chat with the fashion publication, the Roar star also reflects on her failed marriage to Brand.
Telling the magazine that she 'loved' being married, she chalks the split with the funnyman up to 'everything happening for a reason'. 
Dangerous curves: For the cover of the magazine, Katy displays plenty of cleavage in a plunging white dress
Dangerous curves: For the cover of the magazine, Katy displays plenty of cleavage in a plunging white dress 
'It was a new, fun, exciting journey. But I like how I am now, and I think all things happen for a reason,' she says. 
The raven-haired beauty also discusses her new single Roar, which has so far been yet another hit for the star, topping the U.S. charts and the accompayning video clip generating over 35 million YouTube views.
This time Katy says she's proud to be singing about standing up for herself and staying strong, something she admits that she had to work on personally for a very long time.
Retro doll: The Roar star is also pretty in a pink knit and with dramatic wing-tipped eyeliner applied to her peepers
Retro doll: The Roar star is also pretty in a pink knit and with dramatic wing-tipped eyeliner applied to her peepers 
'This song is about sticking up for yourself,' she explains to the magazine. 'People talk about bullying, but you can be your own bully in some ways.
'You can be the person who is standing in the way of your success, and that was the case for me.
'I was having a great professional streak, but personally, I was really immature, so I had to balance those things out. If you are not happy with something you should change it,' she added.
'So I went to a lot of therapy, and finally, I am able to speak up for myself: You are going to hear me roar!'
Still going strong: Katy and John have been dating on and off for well over a year
Still going strong: Katy and John have been dating on and off for well over a year 
Katy was just 17-years-old when she signed her first record deal with Glen Ballard, the producer behind Alanis Morrisette's Jaggered Little Pill.
Coming to Los Angeles as a teenager, Katy says she found herself becoming somewhat of a 'self-entitled spoiled little brat' until things started to go horribly wrong.
The ex-factor: Katy split with Russell Brand at the end of 2011
The ex-factor: Katy split with Russell Brand at the end of 2011 
'I was living in Beverly Hills, and a big famous producer had taken me under his wing. 
'I was getting a monthly allowance - I had a Louis Vuitton keychain for my Jetta! I thought I was the bee's knees,' she explains.
'But it didn't last: I got dropped from my record label. And the Jetta was impounded. And I couldn't pay my bills. I suddenly heard no more often than yes. 
'As cheesy as it sounds, the rejection built a lot of character in me. It takes strength to stick around in this business. And I have always been highly ambitious.'
Katy, whose parents are Pentecostal pastors, had previously sang gospel music up until the age of 15, before later moving onto hit racy songs, such as I Kissed A Girl.
Keith Hudson and Mary Perry have made it clear in the past that they don't altogether approve of their daughter's lyrics, but fully support her.
While Katy is known for often singing about raunchy subject matters and performing in suggestive clothing, she says she is still religious.
'I try and keep my connection with the G-O-D or with a power that’s bigger than me,' she says.
'It’s important—otherwise, you don’t have any kind of accountability. If you think, Hey, at the end of it all I am just going to be dust, or I have no soul or whatever, why not just be a menace to society? For me, accountability works.'
Despite their ups and downs, Katy and John currently appear to be still going strong.
The brunette bombshell split with the Born and Raised singer back in August last year, before rekindling their love in September.
John has a notorious reputation for loving and leaving some of Hollywood's most eligible ladies, including Taylor Swift, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Aniston, and Jennifer Love-Hewitt.
Katy reportedly 'believes she can change' the strummer and 'doesn't want to be just another one of his conquests'.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2471834/Katy-Perry-feelings-boyfriend-John-Mayer-dating.html#ixzz2iV58ccRo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook