Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bikini girl Kelly Osbourne on why she's more confident than ever


'My body is not perfect, but I love it': Bikini girl Kelly Osbourne on why she's more confident than ever 

    She's battled low self-esteem, but Kelly Osbourne is now more confident than ever after losing 70 pounds in recent years - and keeping it off.
The purple-haired star has opened up about going from a wild reality star struggling with her weight and addiction, to a health-focused fashion icon who happy with her body.
The 28-year-old is letting others know her secret to weight loss success - putting health before being skinny and get ready to sweat.
Scroll down for video...
Look at me: Kelly Osbourne has revealed her weight loss secrets to Self Magazine
Look at me: Kelly Osbourne has revealed her weight loss secrets to Self Magazine
The Fashion Police star told the May edition to Self Magazine it has taken four years and a lot of growing to lose 70 pounds: '[I figured] out there is no such thing as perfection.'
'If I had known that earlier, I wouldn't have been such a f**k up.'
Kelly has been very open about her struggles with drug addiction but has been clean for a number of years.
'The only thing I can be is me. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes.
'And my body is not perfect, either, but I love it.
'It will never be perfect but I do not want it to be. That's so boring!'
Not perfect: The 28-year-old said the key is accepting you may never be skinny or perfect
Not perfect: The 28-year-old said the key is accepting you may never be skinny or perfect
Kelly has managed to lose her weight by combining healthy eating with exercise - doing a minimum of a half an hour cardio a day, 'usually intervals on the treadmill' plus 'whatever else i feel like that day - weights, yoga Pilates.'
The daughter of rocker Ozzy Osbourne also tries to make workouts fun and since she avoids going out on Saturday nights she has friends of for a hula-hoop session.
'I put on ridiculous outfits and hula-hoop and dance when everyone else is at ''da club.'' We call it #HipHopAnonymous.'
Rocking bod: Kelly wore a stunning Zimmerman one-piece bathing suit and a pair of round glasses, obviously taking inspiration form her father Ozzy Osbourne, for the shoot
Rocking bod: Kelly wore a stunning Zimmerman one-piece bathing suit and a pair of round glasses, obviously taking inspiration form her father Ozzy Osbourne, for the shoot
The before: Kelly, seen here in 2008, has been hard at work losing weight for four years
The before: Kelly, seen here in 2008, has been hard at work losing weight for four years
'(Idol singer) Adam Lambert is in it. We live in the same building.'
To make sure she puts in the hours at the gym Kelly, who showed off her amazing figure in a floral one piece by Australian brand Zimmerman, said her secret to staying motivated is looking good while working out.
'I dress up for the gym. That way, when you look in the mirror you're like ''Oh, I look cute'' not 'Get me out of here.'''
Bang! The star says she keeps her self motivated at the gym by dressing well for her workouts
Bang! The star says she keeps her self motivated at the gym by dressing well for her workouts
Eating has also been a big change for Kelly, who tries to eat her most 'fattiest meal' in the morning - even if that means pizza.
Shut up! Kelly says despite what people say she has not lost weight just because her boyfriend Matthew Mosshart is a vegan chef
Shut up! Kelly says despite what people say she has not lost weight just because her boyfriend Matthew Mosshart is a vegan chef
Many have attributed her healthy eating to her long time boyfriend Matthew Mosshart, who is a vegan chef, something Kelly told Self just is not true.
'Everyone is like ''Kelly Lost weight because of her vegan boyfriend''. Shut up. It's because I'm happy. And he is not even vegan.'
Kelly says she is the most secure and content that she has ever been but still has her bad days.
'When you change your body, you start to get selfish. You're like, ''Oh, but that's still fat and that's still gross and why can't I look like that?'' To stop myself I have to look at how far I've come.

    'I've learned how to eat right and look after myself. Also, I don't weigh myself. If you like what you see in front of the mirror, then what's the f**king point of getting on a scale?'
    Others have also tried to knock her down despite her weight loss but Kelly says she just tries to not compare herself to others.
    'It's OK to have a healthy envy and look up to somebody and set goals, but you have to realise that you're never going to be exactly that person. 
    'Wishing you were Angelina Jolie or J.Lo isn't going to change the fact that you're not. Why not start working with what you do have instead of what you don't?'
    Kelly revealed she has been even more health focused since she suffered a seizure while taping Fashion Police on March 7. Doctors still do not know what caused it.
    'I never want to take health for granted. The seizure was 60 seconds, but those 60 seconds will change me life for the better forever.
    'I've worked hard to get into shape, and I'm going to continue. Not because skinny is important to me, but because I want to feel good.'
    Kelly's stunning cover is no doubt some welcome good news for the Osbourne clan after patriarch Ozzy admitted he had relapsed and was seeking treatment for drug and alcohol abuse.
    Amid rumours his 31-year marriage is over, he revealed he has been in a 'dark place' for more than 18 months after descending back into drug and alcohol abuse.
    Not divorcing: Despite rumours Sharon and Ozzy Osbourn, pictured here in 2007, were divorcing Ozzy has revealed he is instead seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction again
    Not divorcing: Despite rumours Sharon and Ozzy Osbourn, pictured here in 2007, were divorcing Ozzy has revealed he is instead seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction again
    The 64-year-old rocker conceded he had been a 'a*****e' to his family during that period, but denied claims he and wife Sharon are divorcing.
    Ozzy wrote: 'For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs. I was in a very dark place and was an a*****e to the people I love most, my family. However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober.
    'Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I'm just trying to be a better person.'




    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2309973/Kelly-Osbourne-My-body-perfect-I-love-it.html#ixzz2QepAg0DT
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook