Friday 26 April 2013

Amber Le Bon on following in her mum's footsteps


EXCLUSIVE: 'My mother told me to throw out the rule book!': Amber Le Bon on following in her mum's footsteps - and stealing her DAD's moisturiser - as she models for Monsoon

  • Amber Le Bon is starring in Monsoon Fusion campaign
  • The model, 23, has had roles in ads for Pantene and Myla
  • Admitted to pinching father Simon Le Bon's Creme de la Mer
  • Says her mother, supermodel Yasmin, gives her style advice
Tall, olive-skinned and stunning, in these fabulous new shots from the Monsoon Fusion campaign it is clear that Amber Le Bon takes after her supermodel mother.
The daughter of Yasmin Le Bon and Duran Duran singer Simon, Amber is now a fully fledged model in her own right and has starred in campaigns for Forever 21, lingerie brand Myla, and Pantene.
But despite the modelling work, Amber admits that she's a low maintenance girl at heart, although her father, whose supply of Creme de la Mer she pinches, may beg to differ.
Glamorous: Amber is the spitting image of her model mother Yasmin as she poses for Monsoon Fusion
Glamorous: Amber is the spitting image of her model mother Yasmin as she poses for Monsoon Fusion
Glamorous: Amber is the spitting image of her model mother Yasmin as she poses for Monsoon Fusion
'I use Simple face wipes and Nivea face cream,' she revealed to MailOnline. 'For my body any kind of body butter, the more moisturising the better. 
'If I'm feeling in a naughty mood I'll steal some of Mama's Creme De La Mer. If I'm feeling in a very naughty mood I'll steal some of Daddy's Creme De La Mer. On the whole though, I'm very low maintenance.'
Although she describes her sense of style as 'comfort driven', Amber, who starred in the Fusion campaign with her model mother, Yasmin, says she has fallen in love with Monsoon's on-trend summer brights.
'I like being able to move around easily and be warm,' she says. 'I generally wear dark colours, and love chiffon-y fabrics, knitwear, spikes, and leather, and I like the whole ethos of the [Monsoon] brand and what their charities do.
Success: At 23, Amber has already modelled for Moschino, Pantene, Myla and River Island as well as Monsoon
Success: At 23, Amber has already modelled for Moschino, Pantene, Myla and River Island as well as Monsoon
Success: At 23, Amber has already modelled for Moschino, Pantene, Myla and River Island as well as Monsoon
Stylish: Amber's ultra cool Creme de la Mer loving parents, Simon Le Bon and his supermodel wife, Yasmin
Stylish: Amber's ultra cool Creme de la Mer loving parents, Simon Le Bon and his supermodel wife, Yasmin 
'I loved all the long printed skirts [in the Fusion collection], I thought that the prints were fabulous and the skirts were actually nice and long.'
But despite having firm ideas about what she likes to see in her wardrobe, Amber admits that she's not above taking advice from her perennially stylish mother.
Asked what the best piece of style advice she's ever been given is, she revealed that not only did it come from her mother, she lives by it still.
'Throw out the rule book,' says Amber. 'If you like wearing navy and black together wear it, if you like mixing up gold and silver jewellery mix it. If you like it wear it, don't care about what anyone else thinks.'

ASK AMBER: SHE SHARES HER SUMMER STYLE SECRETS WITH MAILONLINE

What labels do you love?
'I love Maje, Rick Owens, Helmut Lang, Christopher Kane, Felder + Felder, and Sam Edelman shoes.'
What is your all time favourite fashion item?
'Studded leather jackets. In fact, anything studded or spiked.'
What are you five summer time essentials?
'Suncream, (everyone laughs at me) I always wear factor 50! Some good comfy sandals that you can walk around in. Sunglasses, I have baby eyes that don't deal with bright light well. Floaty sarongs and scarfs. Green tea.'
What is your favourite summer holiday memory?
'I was in Colorado last summer and went rock climbing, the view was absolutely fantastic, breathtaking actually.
'Except I didn't realise how scared I was until we were at the bottom about to climb up this rock
some 500ft tall in the middle of a canyon and I just burst into tears, we climbed, and I cried and climbed, and didn't finish crying until I was back on the ground.
'Unfortunately someone was filming my torment, but it was actually fantastic looking back on it. Would I do it again? Probably not unless forced.'
Which do you prefer, high street or designer?
'I like both, I can afford high street.'
Who is your style icon?
'I'm not really sure, I watch a lot of old black and white films and get a lot of inspiration from them, and not just about fashion, but about mannerisms, speech, and the way women carried themselves no matter what they were wearing.'
What was modelling with your mother like?
'So much fun. We had such a giggle, it's always fun working with her because we really do have a laugh.'
What do you do when you need a confidence boost?
'I go underwear shopping! One of my recent discoveries, it instantly takes me out of a bad mood and puts me in a good one.'
Where do you hope to be in 10 years’ time?
'Alive, healthy, happy and maybe with a couple of puppies.'
What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
'"Remember to take your key out of the front door" the kind, funnily ironic, words of my Daddy whose keys I found in the front door a few days later.'



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2313627/Amber-le-Bon-following-mums-footsteps--stealing-DADs-moisturiser--models-Monsoon.html#ixzz2RPMOTE7v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook