Thursday 25 April 2013

Yummy mummy Jessica Alba reveals the 'brutal' secret behind her post-baby body


'I wore a double corset day and night for three months': Yummy mummy Jessica Alba reveals the 'brutal' secret behind her post-baby body


As a Hollywood actress with one of the most toned figures in Tinseltown, it is clear that Jessica Alba works hard to retain her physique.
And she recently revealed that her secret can be put down to more than the usual recipe of personal trainers and macrobiotic diets.
The 31-year-old star actually spent a quarter of a year strapped into two girdles following the birth of her second child, Haven.
'It was brutal; it's not for everyone,' she said.
'I wore a double corset day and night for three months. It was sweaty, but worth it.'
Jessica Alba, who wore 'sweaty' girdle to regain figure, sizzles in new pictures from Net-A-Porter magazine
Jessica Alba, who wore 'sweaty' girdle to regain figure, sizzles in new pictures from Net-A-Porter magazine
She revealed her slimming secret in an interview with Net-A-Porter'weekly digital magazine.
From her Beverly Hills home, she discussed how she juggles life as a Hollywood actress, businesswoman, mother and author. 
While directors see Alba for her beauty and acting talent, she is a multifaceted star with many more strings to her bow. 
    In the past five years, Jessica has launched her first business, The Honest Company, selling eco-friendly products. She has written a book, The Honest Life, which reached number three in the New York Times bestseller's list. She found the time to marry entrepreneur Cash Warren and become mother to two daughters... and all the while starring in some of Hollywood's biggest films. 
    'I just finished the best movie I've ever done,' she said of reprising her role as Nancy Callahan in the Sin City sequel, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. 
    'It was so opposite to what I do [at home].
    'My approach to acting now is so different - I'm fearless because I have nothing to lose'
    'My approach to acting now is so different - I'm fearless because I have nothing to lose'
    Directors see Alba for her beauty but she certainly has a deeper intellectual side
    Directors see Alba for her beauty but she certainly has a deeper intellectual side
    'My approach to acting now is so different - I'm fearless because I have nothing to lose. Before [children] my whole identity was wrapped up in every decision - now, I don't care. 
    'It could be a pile of s**t and you could think it was the worst thing you ever saw, but I still had the best experience.'
    Jessica shared how her belief in marriage has been reinforced after a holiday she recently took with her husband.
    'It was our first trip in six years that wasn't a work trip,' she said.
    Jessica revealed that her secret lies down to more than the usual recipe of personal trainers and diets
    Jessica revealed that her secret lies down to more than the usual recipe of personal trainers and diets
    Looking super svelte on her ver recent holiday to St Barts with husband Cash Warren (left)
    Looking super svelte on her ver recent holiday to St Barts with husband Cash Warren (left)
    'I didn't realise how important it was until we got home and I was like [excited voice], "We like each other, we really are best friends."
    'I knew we were rooting for each other every day and we'd made these two people who are my favourite things on the planet, but having that time just us, it was cool to connect. We both chose the right person.'
    Regarding her go-to denim brands, she said she currently loves Current/Elliot, Rag & Bone JEAN, Frame Denim. 'Anything that has some stretch is good for me, because I have a little curve.'
    The whole family on a trip to the playground, with children Honor, four, (left) and 19-month old Haven
    The whole family on a trip to the playground, with children Honor, four, (left) and 19-month-old Haven
    Heavily pregnant Jessica looked radiant at the premiere of her film Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World
    Heavily pregnant Jessica looked radiant at the premiere of her film Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The Worl


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2314713/Jessica-Alba-reveals-brutal-secret-post-baby-body-Net-A-Porter.html#ixzz2RV6tVFp3
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook