Thursday 25 April 2013

Chloe Moretz insists she won't ruin her career with 'drink or drugs' as she gets punky in photoshoot


'I'm incredibly straight-laced': Chloe Moretz insists she won't ruin her career with 'drink or drugs' as she gets punky in photoshoot


It's all too common for former child stars to fall prey to the temptations of Hollywood, throwing away their golden opportunity at a glittering acting career.
But Chloe Moretz appears determined not to join the Lindsay Lohans of the world.
The 16-year-old described herself as 'incredibly straight-laced' in the May Young Hollywood edition of Nylon magazine, stating, 'Why would I want to go take a drug or something that can strip away everything I've worked for?'
Scroll down for video...
Good girl: Chloe Moretz describes herself as 'incredibly straight-laced' while showing her punk side in the May issue of Nylon magazine
Good girl: Chloe Moretz describes herself as 'incredibly straight-laced' while showing her punk side in the May issue of Nylon magazine 
Chloe, who is often praised for her maturity beyond her years, said that while other teenagers are 'fighting to get into clubs', she has never drunk alcohol or done drugs despite numerous opportunities to do so.
'I look around me and go, "God's put me here for a reason,"' said the star. 'I've worked for 11 years, and I have to keep working, too, because if I sat back on my haunches right now, I could disappear within a month.
'This business is not peaches and cream, and I've fought tooth and nail to earn this spot. I'm not a girl who's ridden on a last name or lucked into it from getting on one project that blows up,' she added.
Young and free: The 16-year-old is seen leaping in the air wearing a schoolgirl skirt and animal print leggings
Young and free: The 16-year-old is seen leaping in the air wearing a schoolgirl skirt and animal print leggings 
I'll do what I want: In another shot, the star is seen lounging on the pavement in purple plaid trousers, shielding her eyes with American flag sunglasses
I'll do what I want: In another shot, the star is seen lounging on the pavement in purple plaid trousers, shielding her eyes with American flag sunglasses 
The Carrie star looked the height of punkish cool in slogan T-shirts and colourful mismatched prints in the spirited shoot.
In one shot, Chloe is seen leaping into the air wearing a schoolgirl kilt and animal print leggings as she bites her lower lip in a carefree gesture.
In another picture she is seen lounging on the sidewalk in purple plaid trousers and a leopard-print blouse, adding a touch of patriotic pride with retro round Stars And Stripes sunglasses.
Later: Chloe showed some teen attitude as she pouted for the camera wearing a light-blue leather jacket
Later: Chloe showed some teen attitude as she pouted for the camera wearing a light-blue leather jacket 
Just like everyone else: Chloe describes herself as a 'normal' teenager 'who's no different from her friends' in the interview
Just like everyone else: Chloe describes herself as a 'normal' teenager 'who's no different from her friends' in the interview 
But despite her grownup views, she insists she is just a typical teenager, for the most part.
'I’m a normal 16-year-old girl who’s no different from my friends, but on the other hand, I have to portray that glamorous image of, like, Dior Couture! Chanel! Prada! That’s a character. It’s "the star," not "the girl." So in my brand, it’s all in one package. That’s just what you have to do.'
Chloe will next star in the remake of Carrie, playing  a shy high-school girl, who uses her newly discovered  telekinetic powers to exact revenge on those who tease her, and the young star admitted the dark character took its toll on her.
Not stopping now: The actress said, 'I have to keep working, too, because if I sat back on my haunches right now, I could disappear within a month'
Not stopping now: The actress said, 'I have to keep working, too, because if I sat back on my haunches right now, I could disappear within a month'
'I tried a new style of acting that I’ve never tried before. When I do a crying scene, I’m the type of actor who usually breaks right out of it afterwards, and I’m laughing and being silly,' she said. 
'But with Carrie, I wanted to try staying in character and being in that dark space all day. I’m not very serious Method. It’s not like I didn’t talk to my family or go crazy and not eat, but with the director and the actors I was Carrie all the time on set.
'It was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had, but it was one of the darkest, and I’m terrified to see the movie because it’s the most vulnerable I’ve ever been,' she added.
Fresh-faced beauty: Chloe shows off her full lips and red tousled hair on the magazine's cover
Fresh-faced beauty: Chloe shows off her full lips and red tousled hair on the magazine's cover 




Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2314911/Chloe-Moretz-insists-wont-ruin-career-drink-drugs-gets-punky-photoshoot.html#ixzz2RW40u5bH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook