Tuesday 15 October 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Edy Ganem Talks 'Devious Maids' & The Finale!

EXCLUSIVE: Edy Ganem Talks 'Devious Maids' & The Finale!


EXCLUSIVE: Edy Ganem Talks 'Devious Maids' & The Finale!
getty images
Young Hollywood was out in full force showing their support for AIDS Project Los Angeles at the annual Macy's Passport Presents Glamorama: Fashion in a New Light fashion show fundraiser at the Orpheum last night.  The charity event, which has raised $30 million for the cause to date, brought out the likes of Bella ThorneGina RodriguezEdy GanemCarlos GomezWalter PerezCarlos Pratts and celebrity fashion designer Johana Hernandez to the red carpet.
With the highly anticipated two final episodes of Lifetime’sDevious Maids set to air on September 15 and 22, we rushed to chat up Edy Ganem for the juicy details about what we can expect. Things have all of a sudden gotten serious for her character Valentina and the man of her dreams Remi (Drew Van Acker) in the dark comedy. Will they finally be together? Will she find out more about his secret past?
Read on to see what Ganem had to say:
Felicidades! Devious Maids is a hit and we’re all addicted. How are taking it all in?
I feel like I’m on Cloud 9. This has been a dream come true for me. I keep wondering, “When is this going to hit me?” When I’m on the set and we’re filming, I realize it’s = all real. Seeing the billboards for the show and watching the episodes still surprises me. I tell myself, “That’s you! You’re playing Valentina.” It’s definitely surreal and I’m enjoying taking it all in.
I love all the chicas on the show but you’re the envy because you get to lock labios with Drew Van Acker. For those of us who will never experience this, tell us what it’s like.
I was so taken by [the kiss] that it left me in a daze! [laughs] Drew is so much fun to work with. Since we’re the young ones we got to bond and we’re friends. I also got to hang out with Dania [Ramirez] a lot too.
There is this scene we did where Remi thanks me for saving his life when he comes back from rehab and during rehearsals I couldn’t stop laughing. We had to shoot that scene like ten times! He’s really cool though; if I need more time to rehearse we’re there for each other.
I bet the kissing scenes require a lot of rehearsal time!
Of course! I like to spread it out so that we practice it a little bit now, a little more later, then again right before we go to shoot it. [laughs]
Speaking of Remi, we just learned a lot more about his bad boy past. His relationship with Valentina is so new, how will she react when she finds out? Is that even something that will be covered this season?
The discovery of these secrets would end up being another block in their relationship right now, so we won’t be exploring this in season one. Their story will go in another direction. That’s all I can tell you about that so you will have to tune in!
Viewers are only two episodes away from finding out the big mystery of season one, “Who killed Flora?” Now that the show has been picked up for another season, where can we expect to see the story to go?
You’ll see! Marc Cherry is so brilliant. He unravels one plot and then another one starts. I know he will have another good story to tell for the next season, and hopefully many season after that! They’ve been doing a great job of packing in so much into each episode so I know whatever is coming up is going to be really good.


Read more: http://www.latina.com/entertainment/tv/edy-ganem-talks-devious-maids-finale#ixzz2hbpjnWDU 
Follow us: @latina on Twitter | latinamagazine on Facebook