Sunday 23 February 2014

TOWIE's Lucy Mecklenburgh soaks up the sun while holidaying in Dubai

Beach bum: TOWIE's Lucy Mecklenburgh soaks up the sun while holidaying in Dubai

Given that she owns her own succesful bootcamp business, fans of TOWIE would expect Lucy Mecklenburgh to have an incredible body.
And, judging by the pictures which emerged of her in Dubai on Saturday, they'd be correct.
The 22-year-old was pictured looking incredible in a black bikini while enjoying a winter sun-soaked break.
Making a splash: Lucy Mecklenburgh was seen on a beach in Dubai on Saturday
Making a splash: Lucy Mecklenburgh was seen on a beach in Dubai on Saturday
The brunette stunner looked to be having a lovely time relaxing on the beach as she topped up her already impressive tan in the United Arab Emirates.
With her hair free-falling over her shoulders,she appeared relaxed and carefree as she waded into the water to cool off.
In particular, she showed off a washboard stomach and an equally impressive tan.
Lucy Mecklenburgh
British celebrity Lucy Mecklenburgh
Diving in: The brunette beauty wades into the cool waters after spending the afternoon sunbathing
Relaxed: The 'TOWIE' star seemd to be enjoying herself whilst taking some time off from her hectic TV schedule.
Relaxed: The 'TOWIE' star seemd to be enjoying herself whilst taking some time off from her hectic TV schedule.
The former 'The Only Way Is Essex' star split from her fiancé and fellow co-star Mario Falcone last spring, but has remained single since her flings with Dan Osborne and Tom Pearce fizzled out.
The reality star claims she is open to the idea of falling in love again, but has decided she feels more confident and fulfilled without a man in her life.
Lucy said: 'I'm in such a good place in my life and feel mentally strong, so I'm looking forward to the possibility of falling in love again. But I'm not in a rush to have a boyfriend for the sake of it.
'I now know more how a boyfriend would fit into my life, rather than me doing everything to please him and fit into his. Now I've been single for a while, I keep telling my friends they can be on their own, and happier out of the relationship - I'm the proof!'

Lucy Mecklenburgh
Life's a beach: The model has taken a break from TOWIE to develop her businesses
Back to basics: Lucy cut a lithe figure on the beach at the weekend
Back to basics: Lucy cut a lithe figure on the beach at the weekend
The svelte star insists she has no regrets about airing her love life on the ITV2 reality show, which she quit after the Christmas special last year, but admits it was hard to deal with at times.
Lucy told Closer magazine: 'Breaking up with someone on TV was really tough. People forget I started on 'TOWIE' when I was 19 and still living at home. I loved being on the show and don't regret it, but it was tough living my life in public.'
The brunette joked she has higher standards than ever now and is looking for someone with shared interests.
She added: 'I'm more picky now. Not that I want a Mr. Perfect or a Ken doll. I want someone who is ambitious and driven and I wouldn't rule out someone famous as they'd understand my lifestyle. Id also need them to love food and be into travelling and love dogs. Oh god, I do want Mr. Perfect!'
Stretching herself: The TOWIE star has been pushing herself physically to get in shape
Stretching herself: The TOWIE star has been pushing herself physically to get in shape
But Lucy also recently revealed that she hasn't always maintained her figure in the most healthy way.
The former TOWIE star has revealed that her size 6 figure was partly the result of anxiety and stress following her turbulent relationship - and break-up - with co-star Mario Falcone.
The 22-year-old has admitted that she turned to exercise as a way to make herself happy after the split and quickly became addicted.
Speaking to Closer magazine, she said: 'When I started training for the first time last January, exercise started out as the thing that made me happy at a time when I felt sad. It got me out the other end.
'I still love exercise but, back then, it was more of an addiction and, at one point, I was too thin.'
But at 9st, 5ft 6in Lucy says that she has found her happy weight and now follows a sensible and healthy exercise and diet regime.
Waist to go! The brunette beauty proved that her bootcamp regimes work
Waist to go! The brunette beauty proved that her bootcamp regimes work
Lucy, who has her own exercise company, Results With Lucy, used to work out every day but now hits the gym for an hour-long session twice a week.
The fitness fanatic explained that exercise has made her stronger, helps her clear her head and boosts her mood.
She also follows a wholesome diet filled with eggs, fresh fish, vegetables and lots of her favourite food, quinoa. 
Lucy called time on her tumultuous relationship with former fiance Mario at the end of April last year  after discovering he had been sending suggestive Twitter messages to other girls but insists she is happier than ever and looking forward to finding love again.