Sunday 7 October 2012

Tulisa reveals her relationship rules after being hurt by guys


'I don't need a man... and I have to be in love to sleep with someone': Tulisa reveals her relationship rules after being hurt by guys


As an X Factor mentor Tulisa has always worn her heart on her sleeve, but it is that same trait that caused her trouble in the past.
After a difficult year in the spotlight that involved having to go to court over her leaked sex tape, she has finally found happiness without a man.
Tulisa, 24, confessed that sleeping with guys too early is a mistake she has learnt from and she is now reserved when it comes to sex.
Independent woman: Tulisa revealed how she is finally feeling happy and stable without a boyfriend after a difficult year in the spotlight
Independent woman: Tulisa revealed how she is finally feeling happy and stable without a boyfriend after a difficult year in the spotlight
During a glamorous photo shoot she told Cosmopolitan: 'I am personally really reserved when it comes to sex. I want to save it for something special. 
'I need to find someone who sees me as his equal and respects me the same way as he would his mate.'
Speaking about her teenage days she said: 'When I was younger, I made mistakes and ended up sleeping with guys too soon, then they’d dump me and not want to be in a relationship with me. 
However, Tulisa now has a set of rules that she sticks to whenever she even thinks about dating a guy.
Blonde ambition: The X Factor judge has a series of relationship rules to stick by to avoid a broken heart
Blonde ambition: The X Factor judge has a series of relationship rules to stick by to avoid a broken heart
The lad: Skins actor Jack O'Connell and Tulisa dated briefly and the young gent restored her faith in men
The lad: Skins actor Jack O'Connell and Tulisa dated briefly and the young gent restored her faith in men
She told the magazine: 'Yeah, I do have a rule... if we have sex, we’re going to be in a relationship. I have to know that I’ve either fallen in love or I can fall in love with this man before I take that step.
'I've jumped from relationship to relationship all my life. This is the first time that I’ve been single for so long, and it’s only been two or three months. 
The full interview is in November's Cosmopolitan
The full interview is in November's Cosmopolitan
'The only thing I miss is the physical contact, in an affectionate way – and sexually, too.'
Having been left hurt by her ex boyfriend Justin, she admitted that she found the whole sex tape ordeal very difficult to deal with.
She said: 'I’m over the whole thing now, but at the time it did f****** hurt and it takes a lot for me to even admit that, because I always say I’m fine. 
'But to me it was literally the worst possible thing for my career and what I stand for... and it was the most humiliating thing ever for me... I felt violated.'
Thankfully, Tulisa found comfort in the arms of Skins actor Jack O'Connell, and the young star redeemed the opposite sex in her eyes.
She said: 'My last boyfriend, Jack, was one of the most genuine guys I’ve ever met. For him to come along at that time was so perfect. 
'He’s never spoken about us publicly. He restored my faith that there are still good guys out there.'
She added: 'I know all men are not the same. He [Justin] was just a t***; I kind of had a sense of that all along.'
The full interview appears in the November issue of Cosmopolitan, on sale 11 October.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2213702/Tulisa-Xfactor-judge-reveals-relationship-rules-hurt-guys.html#ixzz28ZIuGXbF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook