Monday 11 February 2013

Beyoncé opens up about giving birth and her plans for baby No.2 in Vogue


'I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door… so I couldn't think about my own pain': Beyoncé opens up about giving birth and her plans for baby No.2


She's no stranger to making people pay attention whenever she takes to her spot centre stage.
But on January 7, 2012, Beyoncé Knowles entered a whole new realm when she welcomed her first child Blue Ivy Carter into the world.
Covering the March issue of Vogue, the 31-year-old singer has opened up for the first time about her daughter's painless birth, which she describes as 'the best day' of her life.
'During my labor I had a very strong connection with my child': Beyoncé also opens up about the birth of her daughter Blue Ivy Carter as she graces the March issue of Vogue in a monochrome structured blazer
'During my labor I had a very strong connection with my child': Beyoncé opens up about the birth of her daughter Blue Ivy Carter as she graces the March issue of Vogue in a monochrome structured blazer
Speaking to Vogue's Jason Gay, for the first time Beyoncé went into detail about the emotions that took over as she prepared to bring a new life into the world.
She said: 'I felt very maternal around eight months, and I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby.
'But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child. I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door.' 
Continuing she explained: 'And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain. We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication.'
'I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door': Beyoncé said she the thought of Blue Ivy doing all the hard work during labour made it a painless experience
'I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door': Beyoncé said she the thought of Blue Ivy doing all the hard work during labor made it a painless experience
'I couldn¿t think about my own pain': The 31-year-old said she felt like she was talking to Blue during the birth
'I couldn¿t think about my own pain': The 31-year-old said she felt like she was talking to Blue during the birth
The industry stood still at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards when Beyoncé announced that she was expecting her first child with husband Jay-Z.
Stating that the people present at her birth made the experience that much better, Beyoncé expressed that the fears she had about going into labor quickly disappeared.
'My family and my closest people were there when I gave birth. Everything that scared me just was not present in that room.'
She added: 'So for me to really let go and really appreciate every contraction. It was the best day of my life.'
'It was the best day of my life': Beyoncé gushed about the presence of her family helping through the birth
'It was the best day of my life': Beyoncé gushed about the presence of her family helping through the birth
Talking a little about her plans for the future, Beyoncé said that she is planning to have another child but isn't sure when she'll be ready for a second baby.
'When I was younger, there were moments where I said, "I’m not going to have children", and then moments when I wanted four. And now I definitely want another, but I don’t know when.'
But she made it clear that she wants one-year-old Blue to have a normal upbringing despite the fact her parents are global superstars: 'It’s very important to me that my daughter is able to experience life and run through the sprinklers.
'Have slumber parties and trust and live and do all the things that any child should be able to do.'
Ready for baby number two? Beyoncé revealed she wants to have another child and will ensure that Blue has a normal childhood despite her famous parents hectic lifestyles
Ready for baby number two? Beyoncé revealed she wants to have another child and will ensure that Blue has a normal childhood despite her famous parents hectic lifestyles
Confirming that Blue's presence in her life has made her feel more 'grounded', she revealed that she has a whole new level of confidence.
She said: 'Right now, after giving birth, I really understand the power of my body. I just feel my body means something completely different. 
'I feel a lot more confident about it. Even being heavier, thinner, whatever. I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame.
Reaffirming her new mindset, the Countdown singer continued: 'I don’t feel like I have to please anyone. I feel free.
'I feel like I’m an adult. I’m grown. I can do what I want. I can say what I want. I can retire if I want. That’s why I’ve worked hard.'
A fan of black and white: On Sunday Beyoncé took to the red carpet at the Grammys in a jumpsuit
A fan of black and white: On Sunday Beyoncé took to the red carpet at the Grammys in a jumpsuit
Beyoncé looks somewhat reminiscent of Deena Jones, the character she took on in the 2006 film Dreamgirls, as she exudes retro glamour in a monochrome structured blazer as she covers Vogue.
Showcasing her flawless complexion, the Destiny's Child singer wears a shade of nude lipstick and opts for feline eyes with lashings of black liner.
Allowing her golden tresses not to distract from her stunning offering, Beyoncé wears her hair in an up do as she keeps her cleavage covered with black sleeveless top.
Rightly the face of the Power issue, the strapline on the cover boldly reads: 'Queen B! Beyoncé Rules the World.'
21st century choice: The 31-year-old ditched the approved gown for an Osman crepe geometric pantsuit
21st century choice: The 31-year-old ditched the approved gown for an Osman crepe geometric pantsuit
21st century choice: The 31-year-old ditched the approved gown for an Osman crepe geometric pantsuit
Kisses for no. 17: Beyoncé puckered up to her award for Best Traditional R&B Performance for song Love on Top during the pre-show ceremony
Kisses for no. 17: Beyoncé puckered up to her gong for Best Traditional R&B Performance for song Love on Top during the pre-show ceremony
On Saturday one of her overzealous fans leaked an image of the front cover to Twitter via an Instagram account.
And following the unscheduled release of the magazine cover, a shot of two pages from the fashion bible were then posted to the net. 
One page saw her wearing what looks to be red velvet lingerie and a matching bathrobe, finally offering a glimpse of that incredible figure.
While on the opposite page she leaned forward on a wooden chair wearing a white floaty top.
Man and wife: Inside the event, which was held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Beyoncé sat next to her husband Jay-Z
Man and wife: Inside the event, which was held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Beyoncé sat next to her husband Jay-Z
Putting the scandal of yet another leaked cover behind her, Beyoncé stole the show in the fashion stakes at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night.
The mother-of-one managed to provide a striking contrast to the old school glamour girls, stepping out in a very modern black and white Osman crepe geometric pantsuit.
Mrs. Carter, who stepped onto the carpet without husband Jay-Z, wore her light brown hair in a ponytail as she accessorised with a Swarovski clutch bag and Lorraine Schwartz jewellery.
During the pre-show ceremony Beyoncé picked up the award for Best Traditional R&B Performance for song Love on Top.
Power couples: Beyoncé and Jay-Z chatted away with newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
Power couples: Beyoncé and Jay-Z chatted away with newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2276860/Beyonc-opens-birth-Blue-Ivy-Carter.html#ixzz2KcreKTqZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook