Wednesday 17 April 2013

I may move abroad to escape British winters, says Brucie: Entertainer sparks rumours he may quit Strictly


I may move abroad to escape British winters, says Brucie: Entertainer sparks rumours he may quit Strictly to move to sunnier climes


Many of us have fantasised about giving up our jobs and emigrating to sunnier climes. For Sir Bruce Forsyth, it seems that dream may be about to become  a reality.
The entertainer has sparked speculation he may quit Strictly Come Dancing with the revelation that he wants to escape the ‘depressing’ British weather by moving abroad every winter.
Sir Bruce, 85, insisted he is still capable of hosting the BBC1 show – even though he admits he needs to spend a day recuperating in bed after every day’s filming.
Slowing down? Strictly Come Dancing presenter Bruce Forsyth, pictured with co-host Tess Daly, has sparked speculation he may be quitting the show
Slowing down? Strictly Come Dancing presenter Bruce Forsyth, pictured with co-host Tess Daly, has sparked speculation he may be quitting the show
After almost a decade presenting the celebrity dance show, it seems to be the British climate rather than tiredness that is getting the better of him.
‘The winter has been going on for so long. No summer, and then into this! Well, we deserve a good summer,’ he told Radio Times. ‘If we don’t, questions will be asked! I can’t even get out. 

‘It does make me depressed. I’m just back from Puerto Rico, where my wife’s family lives and it’s 85 degrees there.
‘I mean, something’s wrong somewhere.
‘I don’t know why I come back to this stinking cold place.
‘I’d contemplate just doing six months a year in this country. If this is going to be our regular  winter, I’m going to vanish in October and come back at the end of May.
Bruce Forsyth and his wife Wilnelia
BRUCE FORSYTH CELEBRATES HIS 80TH BIRTHDAY AT THE DORCHESTER HOTEL.
Nation's favourite: Sir Bruce, who is married to Wilnelia Merced, 55, both pictured left, made his first TV appearance in 1939 as a child, starting a career which spans more than seven decades
When he was reminded that Strictly, which he hosts alongside Tess Daly, does not finish filming until December each year, he added: ‘Oh, yes... but we’ll forget about that.’
Sir Bruce, who is married to Wilnelia Merced, 55, made his first TV appearance in 1939 as a child, starting a career which spans more than seven decades.
He took a holiday in the middle of Strictly’s ninth series last year to recuperate from the strain of his presenting duties.
Bruce Forsyth insisted he was still capable of hosting Strictly in an interview in Radio Times magazine
Bruce Forsyth insisted he was still capable of hosting Strictly in an interview in Radio Times magazine
Despite this, he insists he still feels like a young man on stage and recuperates by spending a day in bed after each performance.
He said: ‘People may laugh, but when I walk on to a stage I feel 30 years old. I do not feel 85. I walk like a 30-year-old, I think I perform like a 30-year-old, and it’s just there.
‘I feel tired the day after, but after  a restful day I’m ready to do it all  over again.
‘You recharge your batteries better if you are in bed, lying down. It’s no good sitting in a chair or going for a drive in the country. Lie down, let your body take care of itself.’
He revealed that he still harbours ambitions to make it on the big screen, having narrowly missed out on a string of Hollywood roles in the Sixties and Seventies.
These  included the part of Fagin in the 1968 screen adaptation of the musical Oliver! and the 1977 heist film Candleshoe.
‘I would have loved to go to Hollywood. I had so much to offer them because I was a song and dance man and I could play all kinds of parts… but there you are,’ he said.
‘It wasn’t in the stars. I would still like a little part in a wonderful Academy Award-type of movie. Just a little cameo would be lovely.’
To read the full interview pick up a copy of this week's Radio Times on sale now.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2309714/Sir-Bruce-Forsyth-sparks-rumours-quit-Strictly-to-sunnier-climes.html#ixzz2Qd9RqF9d
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook