Thursday 8 October 2015

Selena Gomez gets fired up in sexy fashions as she talks about body image and why she doesn't need a boyfriend in Flare magazine

Selena Gomez gets fired up in sexy fashions as she talks about body image and why she doesn't need a boyfriend in Flare magazine 

Selena Gomez took some heat from the haters who poked fun at her weight and body-shamed her earlier this year.
The 23-year-old pop star proved that negative name-calling won't hurt her anymore as she assumed control on the November cover of Flare magazine.
Selena posed in a variety of scintillating outfits from a black leather corset and a clingy Versace mini-dress with sheer detail among others.
Scroll down for video 
'Confident and empowered': Selena Gomez assumed a variety of poses in sexy designer wear for the November issue of Flare magazine in which she said, 'I feel confident, I feel empowered, I feel in control'

'Confident and empowered': Selena Gomez assumed a variety of poses in sexy designer wear for the November issue of Flare magazine in which she said, 'I feel confident, I feel empowered, I feel in control'

In another shot for the fashion magazine, Selena was seen lounging on a chair in a black thigh-skimming dress that showed off her legs.
Selena got somewhat preppy in a pink-flowered blouse wide white collar and cuffs.
The Come & Get It songstress showed her edge in a green sheath and an overdress patterned with images of a woman's legs in high heels.
'Ultimately, I am 23 and figuring out my life. I feel confident, I feel empowered, I feel in control,' Selena boasted to the magazine.
Fired up: The 23-year-old singer donned a leather corset for the eye-catching cover
Fired up: The 23-year-old singer donned a leather corset for the eye-catching cover
Body-shamers beware: Selena took some criticism over her weight earlier this year from haters but stated that she used her hurt feelings as inspiration for her new album Revival
Body-shamers beware: Selena took some criticism over her weight earlier this year from haters but stated that she used her hurt feelings as inspiration for her new album Revival
Edgy: Selena showed a different side while posing in a green sheath and overdress patterned with photos of a woman's legs and heels and arms
Edgy: Selena showed a different side while posing in a green sheath and overdress patterned with photos of a woman's legs and heels and arms
 There was a time not so long ago, however, when she was getting a lot of hate about her body and criticism for appearing to gain weight.
'I was really bummed when I found out all that stuff was going on,' Selena told Flare, adding that she was in Mexico at the time. 'And that's when I was like, "I'm so tired of feeling like I'm being pulled down by something."'
Instead of falling to pieces, Selena used it as inspiration for her new album Revival.
Pretty preppy: The Come & Get It songstress donned a more modest pink flowered blouse with white collar and cuffs that went well with a pleated skirt
Pretty preppy: The Come & Get It songstress donned a more modest pink flowered blouse with white collar and cuffs that went well with a pleated skirt
Confessions: Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend told Flare, 'Yeah, I'm insecure sometimes, but so is everybody. Yeah, I made mistakes, but so does everybody'
Confessions: Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend told Flare, 'Yeah, I'm insecure sometimes, but so is everybody. Yeah, I made mistakes, but so does everybody'
Revival is also the name of the first track that boasts the lyrics: 'I feel like I've awakened - the chains around me are finally breaking.'
Selena retaliated by posting a sexy photo of herself reclining on a lounge chair while clad in a very plunging one-piece swimsuit.
'I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove,' she wrote with a slant to all those haters.
'I don't want them to win,' Selena explained to Flare, adding: 'It's not fair for them to try to control my life. Yeah, I'm insecure sometimes, but so is everybody. Yeah, I made mistakes, but so does everybody.'

Selena Gomez reveals being fat shamed inspired new music

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:00
Fullscreen
'More to love': The songstress took aim at all those body-shaming haters when she posted this Instagram earlier this year, writing, 'I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove'
'More to love': The songstress took aim at all those body-shaming haters when she posted this Instagram earlier this year, writing, 'I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove'
Selena Gomez speaks on body shaming & going topless for album

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:00
Fullscreen
She continued: 'I've felt so much in the past two years, from being super in love and then dealing with things to getting older and all these beautiful experiences that were complicated and exciting.'
The Heart Wants What It Wants singer also revealed she has no regrets getting back with Justin Bieber - a few times - but that the romance is over and done with and she's not in a hurry to have another serious boyfriend.
'I go on dates. It's not that difficult - I'm a nice young lady - but that's not my focus,' Selena insisted. 'I'm really stoked about being with myself right now.'
Selena also spoke about her BFF Taylor Swift and how the Bad Blood pop star has taught her to trust and be more comfortable in social situations.
'Taylor has such a beautiful way of bringing people together,' Selena told Flare. 'That was good for me, because the more I started working, the more uncomfortable I was. I wouldn't trust people, and Taylor has a way of stripping down everything and just getting down to being human. I love that.'
The issue goes on sale at newsstands on October 12.
BFFs: As she told Flare, Selena knows she can count on best friend Taylor Swift who taught her how to trust and be more comfortable in social situations; the two were pictured August 30
BFFs: As she told Flare, Selena knows she can count on best friend Taylor Swift who taught her how to trust and be more comfortable in social situations; the two were pictured August 30



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3256703/Selena-Gomez-gets-fired-sexy-fashions-talks-body-image-doesn-t-need-boyfriend-Flare-magazine.html#ixzz3nvXxOqVk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook