Monday 24 September 2012

Nicole Scherzinger breaks down in tears as 16-year-old Ella Henderson performs


'You can’t judge that you just have to be honoured' : Nicole Scherzinger breaks down in tears as 16-year-old Ella Henderson performs


There were plenty of tears from the contestants on tonight's episode of the X Factor but one young star left Nicole Scherzinger weeping. 
Ella Henderson wowed the judges and the crowd with her performance of Cher's track Believe but the former Pussycat Doll singer couldn't hold back her tears. 
The 16-year-old contestant showed off her impressive vocals as she performed her own unique take on the track as she finished the song to a standing ovation. 
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO...
Impressive: Ella Henderson left Nicole Scherzinger in floods of tears with her performance of Cher's track Believe
Impressive: Ella Henderson left Nicole Scherzinger in floods of tears with her performance of Cher's track Believe
Impressive: Ella Henderson left Nicole Scherzinger in floods of tears with her performance of Cher's track Believe 
And after she had left the stage Nicole gushed about the teenager to the other judges as she tried to stop crying. 
Nicole said: 'You can’t judge that you just have to be honoured.'
She added: 'We can’t touch her, we just have to be in awe of her. I’m done.'
She's through: Ella's talent has earned her a place at the judges' houses stages of the competition
She's through: Ella's talent has earned her a place at the judges' houses stages of the competition
Welling up
Welling up
Ahead of her stellar performance Ella explained her unusual song choice: 'Instead of just doing a song that I’d normally just go for and be like ‘yeh I can do that’ I wanted to challenge myself a bit more and pick a song that was completely out of the box and out of my comfort zone. I keep going through it in my head and trying to put my twist on it because it so different from what I’d normally do. I really hope they like it.'
The judges didn't just like it, they loved it and Gary said: 'I’ve got to say, when I read you were going to sing that song, if I was going to have a top five of the most annoying songs of all time, that would come fairly close to the top for me, but today I would pay lots of money to hear that version of the song again. That was amazing, well done.'
Emotional: Nicole couldn't fight back the tears and broke down
Emotional: Nicole couldn't fight back the tears and broke down
Emotional: Nicole couldn't fight back the tears and broke down 
She's a strong contender! Ella bagged one of the coveted spots at the judges' houses stage of the competition
She's a strong contender! Ella bagged one of the coveted spots at the judges' houses stage of the competition
He added: 'All of a sudden those lyrics meant something completely different.'
When the judges told Ella she had made it through to the judges' houses stages of the competition the teenager seemed delighted. 
Speaking to Dermot after learning the news she said: 'My heart was pounding.'
'I'm so so so so happy.'



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2207584/X-Factor-2012-Nicole-Scherzinger-breaks-tears-16-year-old-Ella-Henderson-performs.html#ixzz27P3XdGdl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook