Wednesday 6 February 2013

Demi Lovato admits she 'dived into work really quickly' with X Factor USA job after rehab


'Maybe I should have waited': Demi Lovato admits she 'dived into work really quickly' with X Factor USA job after rehab


She made an impact on X Factor USA due to her feisty opinions and arguments with her boss Simon Cowell.
However, despite being a determined mentor on the talent TV show, Demi Lovato admits perhaps she should have waited to accept such a high-profile job following a difficult few years.
The 20-year-old singer spent time in treatment in 2011 for bulimia and self-harming, which she has openly spoken about in a bid to help others.
Moving on: Demi Lovato admits she should have waited before joining X Factor USA
Moving on: Demi Lovato admits she should have waited before joining X Factor USA
She was offered the job to join Simon, LA Reid and Britney Spears on the X Factor USA panel in autumn 2012 and jumped at the chance.
Speaking to the new Spring term issue of Cosmo On Campus, Demi concedes she wasn't ready for the role.
She said: 'I don’t think I was ready when I started on The X Factor. In an ideal situation I would have maybe waited a year or more.
In a good place: Demi speaks about her battle with bulimia and self-harming
In a good place: Demi speaks about her battle with bulimia and self-harming
The full interview appears in the Spring 2013 issue of Cosmo on Campus, available from 6th February across universities in the UK
The full interview appears in the Spring 2013 issue of Cosmo on Campus, available from 6th February across universities in the UK
'I dived into work really quickly and maybe that wasn’t the best idea at the time, but the place I am in today is so much better than I could have ever imagined, so I’m really glad.'
After conquering her demons, the Camp Rock star is now in  healthier state of mind and admits she's finally ready to start dating again.
She explained: 'It is very unhealthy when girls devote all of their time to a guy and forget their friends and family. I did that. I was always looking for distractions because I was so afraid of being alone.
'I have spent the last year focusing on myself and it’s been incredible. More has come out of the past year than in my entire career so far, and I truly believe it was because I was taking care of myself and not focusing on guys.'
In the past, the young star admitted she used to 'self-sabotage' her romantic relationships.
However, now she insists: 'I’m in a place where I can finally trust and love and be a better person for the man I am in a relationship with, instead of being a clingy girlfriend or getting jealous.'
The full interview appears in the Spring 2013 issue of Cosmo on Campus, available from 6th February across universities in the UK.
Cosmo on Campus is also available to purchase on Apple Newsstand (download the Cosmo UK app to access).


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2274177/Demi-Lovato-admits-dived-work-really-quickly-X-Factor-USA-rehab.html#ixzz2K6jJKx5i
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook