Tuesday 12 February 2013

Kim Kardashian cuts a sultry figure in mean and moody Elle fashion shoot


Over-the-top make-up and VERY big hair: Kim Kardashian cuts a sultry figure in mean and moody Elle fashion shoot 

    She has already made several inroads into the fashion world with Kardashian clothing line for Sears and a number of successful DASH stores throughout the U.S.  
But Kim Kardashian returns to the other side of the camera for the March issue of Elle magazine where she is styled by Lady Gaga's fashion director Nicola Formichetti.
The 32-year-old reality show star poses for a series of sultry shots for the publication, with some of the pictures showing her looking distinctly different from  her usual image. 
trademark with a twist: Kim looked sultry as she posed in her leopardskin dress and gold shoes
Trademark with a twist: Kim looked sultry as she posed in her leopardskin Sister by Sibling top and skirt and gold shoes
The majority of the photographs show the star with dramatic dark cats eye make-up and darkly drawn eyebrows. 
One shot shows her channelling a 1960s look with big backcombed hair, pale lipstick and round Chanel drop earrings, sporting a Tom Ford patent leather jacket.
And her famous curves are also on show  - one snap shows her in a low cut white Viktor & Rolf dress and a beaded wool Roberto Cavalli blazer.
'I love being transformed and I love your vision of who you think I am - that's always so inspiring for me and so interesting seeing someone's take on me,' Kim tells Formichetti on a behind-the-scenes video on Elle's website
'When I work with someone I really respect, I work with trust,' she adds. 'Even if I'm not comfortable in something, I trust your vision to push me a little bit.'
Hair today:@ Kim's usually straight brown tresses were backcombed and teased into a big 1960s look as she posed in a Tom Ford patent lather jacket for the shoot
Hair today: Kim's usually straight brown tresses were backcombed and teased into a big 1960s look  as she posed in a Tom Ford patent lather jacket for the shoot
However, Kim admits she was 'really nervous' to take part in the shoot as working with Formichetti was 'just a dream come true.'
The stylist, who has worked with Lady Gaga since 2009 on her album covers, performances and videos, says he was impressed with Kim's down to earth air and the fact she arrived at the shoot with no entourage. 
'I travel alone,' reveals Kim, who is expecting her first child by boyfriend Kanye West. 'I don't have an entourage and I'm sick of my family right now and they're my only entourage!
'I like to vibe out by ourselves and sometimes when you have lots of other people there, it gets in the way.'
Glamorzon: Kim Kardashian shows off her curvy figure in a low cut white Viktor & Rolf and a beaded wool Roberto Cavalli blazer
Glamorzon: Kim Kardashian shows off her curvy figure in a low cut white Viktor & Rolf and a beaded wool Roberto Cavalli blazer



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2277786/Kim-Kardashian-cuts-sultry-figure-mean-moody-Elle-fashion-shoot-make-VERY-big-hair.html#ixzz2KjjwqxvI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook