Friday 1 February 2013

Michelle Heaton breaks down while watching Liberty X videos as she reveals diet pill addiction on The Big Reunion


Michelle Heaton breaks down while watching Liberty X videos as she reveals diet pill addiction on The Big Reunion


Michelle Heaton has revealed how her obsession with maintaining a pop star body ended with her being addicted to diet pills.
The former pop star explained how she struggled to compete with her fellow Liberty X band mates and their svelte bodies.
Speaking during ITV2's The Big Reunion, Michelle, 33, admitted that watching footage of herself in the chart topping band's hit song Just A Little made her upset.
Just A Little: Michelle Heaton admitted that she was addicted to slimming pills when she was in Liberty X
Just A Little: Michelle Heaton admitted that she was addicted to slimming pills when she was in Liberty X
She said: 'It's a very sad time when I look at me in the video. I was ever so large.
'At the time I was addicted to slimming pills. I took them every single day. I took them because I was scared of putting on weight.'
The mother-of-one revealed how she was stuck with the pills as she battled to be as thin as female vocalists Kelli Young and Jessica Taylor.
Party animal: Michelle loved the pop star lifestyle but found herself stuck in a vicious circle taking tablets to stay slim
Party animal: Michelle loved the pop star lifestyle but found herself stuck in a vicious circle taking tablets to stay slim
Party animal: Michelle loved the pop star lifestyle but found herself stuck in a vicious circle taking tablets to stay slim
Feeling the strain: Michelle said that she struggled to keep her weight low unlike band mates Kelli Young and Jessica Taylor
Feeling the strain: Michelle said that she struggled to keep her weight low unlike band mates Kelli Young and Jessica Taylor
She said: 'I was in this vicious circle of taking the diet pills to lose weight.
'I had been addicted to them for two to three years and they were no longer working because my body was immune to them. I didn't look healthy, I obviously wasn't healthy.'
Talking to MTV last year, Michelle added: 'I was probably about 18 or 19 when I started taking diet pills. 
The winners: Liberty X formed after the individuals failed to make the cut for the band that would become Hear'Say
The winners: Liberty X formed after the individuals failed to make the cut for the band that would become Hear'Say
'You could get them from anywhere at that time and they had an ingredient in them which I’m sure you’re familiar with called Ephedrine.
'Nobody really knew the background of them, and I was taking them and it was giving me a buzz.  And I was losing weight and I wasn’t eating and it was all great and brilliant. 
'Then they stopped making them but a friend of mine said they could get pure Ephedrine.  I didn’t think anything of it, I didn’t think it was illegal, or a class B drug or anything like that.
The life and times: Michelle partied hard and enjoyed her fame until she was hospitalised due to the pills
The life and times: Michelle partied hard and enjoyed her fame until she was hospitalized due to the pills
Helping hand: Liberty X only split because they were dropped from their label
Helping hand: Liberty X only split because they were no longer having chart success
'I was lying on my couch and my heart started going into an irregular pattern, you can feel it in your chest, it just feels like it’s going to explode so I got rushed to A&E and they were convinced it was cocaine which is something I’ve never done.' 
Now, the reality TV star is clean of the pills and is concentrating on being healthy and caring for her daughter Faith.
Although she went down a difficult path due to the tablets she enjoyed the pop star lifestyle.
She said: 'I loved being a pop star. I really enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed going to parties, I was young.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2271624/Michelle-Heaton-breaks-watching-Liberty-X-videos-reveals-diet-pill-addiction-The-Big-Reunion.html#ixzz2JbYa9UYn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook