Thursday 30 July 2015

Spotlight on Life in Squares actress Lucy Boynton - You magazine

Spotlight on Life in Squares actress Lucy Boynton 

The actress was cast, aged 11, as the young Beatrix Potter alongside Renée Zellweger in the movie Miss Potter. Since then, Lucy has filmed dance drama Ballet Shoes with Emma Watson
‘At the end of this year I have two films coming out: Sing Street and February... And in between projects I’ve started working on my own script,' said Lucy Boynton
‘At the end of this year I have two films coming out: Sing Street and February... And in between projects I’ve started working on my own script,' said Lucy Boynton
BORN  1994, London.
BIG BREAK Being cast, aged 11, as the young Beatrix Potter alongside Renée Zellweger in the movie Miss Potter. ‘I remember meeting the cast at the read-through one morning, then going straight from there to a spelling test at school!’ she tells us. Since then, Lucy has filmed TV movie Mo with Julie Walters and dance drama Ballet Shoes with Emma Watson, as well as playing Margaret Dashwood in the BBC’s 2008 adaptation of Sense & Sensibility.
CATCH HER SOON in BBC Two drama Life in Squares, following the entangled lives of the Bloomsbury Group across 40 years. The three-parter centres on sisters Vanessa Bell and Virginia Woolf and their set of friends, who – in the words of Dorothy Parker – ‘lived in squares, painted in circles and loved in triangles’. Lucy plays Vanessa’s daughter Angelica, whose unconventional upbringing was shadowed by family secrets. ‘What I most admire about Angelica is her strength,’ says Lucy. ‘She was forced to be strong as, I believe, a means of self-preservation and as a result of being surrounded by half-truths and deceit.’
WHAT NEXT? ‘At the end of this year I have two films coming out: Sing Street, about a band looking to find fame in 1980s Dublin, and February, a horror about two girls stranded in their empty boarding school over the winter holidays. And in between projects I’ve started working on my own script.’ The Bloomsbury literati would be proud.
Life in Squares starts at 9pm tomorrow on BBC Two


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3169344/Life-Squares-actress-Lucy-Boynton-Spotlight.html#ixzz3hKCIfcJp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook