Sunday 16 September 2012

Vanessa Hudgens talks transitioning from Disney princess to serious screen siren


'The grittier parts were a challenge': Vanessa Hudgens talks transitioning from Disney princess to serious screen siren



Most girls her age could only dream of getting to wear expensive gowns because of their celebrity status.
So Vanessa Hudgens can count herself lucky after appearing in a new photoshoot wearing designers including Naeem Khan, Neil Lane and duo Falguni and Shane, seeing it was never her intention to be famous.
Chic: Vanessa Hudgens appears in stunning designer clothes for new magazine shoot
Chic: Vanessa Hudgens appears in stunning designer clothes for a new magazine shoot
The 23-year-old said: 'I didn’t know I would keep on doing this. I just knew I truly was passionate about it… 

    'I kind of let my heart rule me rather than my head and if something reaches out and grabs me, I start gravitating towards it and go for it!' 
    School girl no more! The former High School Musical star looks ever the grown-up in the glamorous shots
    School girl no more: The former High School Musical star has moved on from her Disney persona
    Conquering the movie world: Hudgens stand son unravelled film in one picture
    Conquering the movie world: Vanessa was directed to stand among unravelled film reels in one contrived image
    The former High School Musical star, typically seen during her downtime wearing yoga pants and vests, is highly-styled in a new photoshoot.
    A spread in Untitled magazine shows the actress colouring pages with heavy make-up and going for sophistication with a retro up-do, side fringe over over her right eye alluding to an air of mystery about her.
    Appearing on the publication’s cover biting her finger and flaunting smoky eye make-up, Vanessa also acknowledges her transition from innocent High School Musical star to serious actress.
    Enviable rags: Vanessa wears the popular design from fashion duo Falguni and Shane
    Enviable rags: Vanessa wears a popular design from fashion duo Falguni and Shane 
    American beauty: The actress wears her fringe to the side and her hair up for the sophisticated look
    American beauty: The actress wears her fringe to the side and her hair up for a more sophisticated look
    On the topic of leaving her character Gabriela Montez behind for new projects such as Spring Breakers with James Franco and Gimme Shelter with Brendan Fraser and Rosario Dawson, she said: ‘High School Musical was incredible and it was so fun and it gave me so many fans which I’m very, very thankful for, but it also closed people’s minds up as to which characters I could portray.
    Star: Vanessa Hudgens appears in the new issue of Untitled Magazine
    Nail-biting: Vanessa Hudgens appears in the new issue of Untitled Magazine 
    'So for a while I was kind of struggling and fighting for these roles that I just desperately wanted. It was hard and it was a struggle, but then again life is always a struggle. 
    ‘Definitely crossing over and being able to tackle these grittier parts was a challenge but I feel like I’ve done it! It’s a whole new chapter!'
    Now, the actress refuses to let her pretty looks get in the way of achieving her best film work; she admitted to having no qualms about alter her appearance for Gimme Shelter, a role for which she chopped her raven mane and gained 15lbs to play prostitute Agnes 'Apple' Bailey.
    She recalled telling one hesitant hairstylist on the set: 'F*** it, give me the scissors', and took the scissors myself and started chopping off my own hair!'
    Proud of the trasformation, she added: 'You can’t recognize me in that movie. The way that I walk and talk… I’m just a different person!' calling the experience 'just incredible'.
    And work isn't drying up from the reformed Disney star.
    Vanessa recently wrapped filming on Scott Walker thriller Frozen ground, co-starring Nicolas Cage and John Cusack.
    She will also join a Danny Trejo, Sofía Vergara, Mel Gibson, Jessica Alba, Charlie Sheen, and Lady Gaga in the highly-anticipated Robert Rodriguez film Machete Kills, scheduled for release next year. 
    Casual: Vanessa dressed down in her usual clothing
    Casual: Vanessa dressed down in her usual clothing
    Casual: The actress is typically seen dressed down when she's not playing the part of a Hollywood starlet


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2203993/Vanessa-Hudgens-talks-transitioning-Disney-princess-screen-siren.html#ixzz26dZOFj2v