Sunday 16 November 2014

EXCLUSIVE 'It's really tough for her': Pixie Lott defends 'lovely' Judy Murray as Strictly fans.........

EXCLUSIVE 'It's really tough for her': Pixie Lott defends 'lovely' Judy Murray as Strictly fans take aim at the embattled Scot 

Her own son, tennis ace Andy Murray appeared to have little faith in her lasting on Strictly Come Dancing for too long, and fans of the show appear to be irate about her longevity in the competition.
But Judy Murray, 55, can count one supporter in her corner - pop star and fellow Strictly competitor Pixie Lott, 23.
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Pixie said: 'We all love Judy. She is such a lovely person. She's really bubbly and kind and she always brings in chocolate and shortbread and just gets on with everyone.
Scroll down for video 
Supportive: Pixie Lott has spoken out to defend her Strictly co-star Judy Murray after some of her fans on the show appear to be irate about her longevity in the competition
Supportive: Pixie Lott has spoken out to defend her Strictly co-star Judy Murray after some of her fans on the show appear to be irate about her longevity in the competition
'She's definitely someone I love having around. So hopefully we're still in it together [after this weekend]. I think she's been working really hard.

'And it is pretty hard for someone who's never done anything like this before to go out every Saturday night and perform and do proper choreography. And she's doing it with a smile and not taking herself seriously. I think that's why everyone loves her.'
In fact, the camaraderie has become so strong that Pixie is hoping that one of the remaining female competitors, including Frankie Bridge and Caroline Flack, will be the victor.
Not making a (high) mark: Judy has so far failed to impress the judges with her fancy footwork 
Not making a (high) mark: Judy has so far failed to impress the judges with her fancy footwork 
'Everyone's really close and there's so many people who are deserving of it. And for each week there's always a shock person in the dance-off. So literally it is anyone's win. I have no idea who's going to be in the final or right up to the last.
'I would be happy if it was one of the girls [who win] because us girls are really close. But there's not one person who I don't get on with who was in the competition from the start. I really get on with everyone.'
As for her own chances, Pixie - herself a favourite to take home the Glitterball trophy - is taking a cautiously optimistic approach.
Her time to shine: Meanwhile, Pixie is regularly at the top of the leaderboard with her impressive grasp of the routines 
Her time to shine: Meanwhile, Pixie is regularly at the top of the leaderboard with her impressive grasp of the routines 
'I never really think of things like that,' she said. 'I just sort of take each week as it comes, try my hardest, try my best and have fun. And whatever will be, will be.
'We're having such a great time and I've made so many great friends and I've loved every minute of learning all the dances and I've realised how much I actually love dancing.
'It's been so cool to have a taster of the different dances each week that we've done. So it'll be cool to use it in the future somewhere.'Pixie says she can't notice a difference in her already trim body, despite the gruelling dance rehearsals. 
'I think just my endurance and stamina have got better. When we did our first routine to jive I was so out of breath and I had to get my asthma pump.
'Now I think that we've been dancing for a good few weeks, now I'm starting to feel more physically fit so I can last in the dance a bit longer. So that feels good. 
Stoic: Judy has been keeping her spirits up, despite facing some criticism 
Stoic: Judy has been keeping her spirits up, despite facing some criticism 
'Physically I can't really see any difference. Hopefully I've toned up a bit just because I'm using all these muscles I've never used before. But it is more of like a fitness thing.' 
The pretty blonde also sent her best wishes to presenter Claudia Winkleman who has not returned to the show since her daughter was burned in an accident on Halloween.
'I sent her a tweet that said I hope you're OK with a love heart because obviously I heard when she first wasn't presenting that week that she had some family issues. 
Not happy: Strictly fan Lord Sugar has expressed his dissatisfaction at the star's moves 
Not happy: Strictly fan Lord Sugar has expressed his dissatisfaction at the star's moves 
Stark contrast: Other fans have said they are loving her work on the prime-time show 
Stark contrast: Other fans have said they are loving her work on the prime-time show 
'And we all love Claudia and miss her. She is such a lovely, funny lady to have around. But I hope she's OK.'S
Meanwhile, the popstar is set to release a new album, Platinum Pixie, in time for Christmas which will feature her new charity single in conjuction with Matalan, in aid of Alder Hey hospital. 
She said of her version of 1986 classic Caravan Of Love, 'It's a song that we chose because it's got very positive lyrics and it's perfect for a campaign of raising money for Alder Hey Children's Charity.
'I love Christmas. Me and my sister and brother have our stockings on our heads and we dance to Santa Claus is Coming to town by Bruce Springsteen. That's like a tradition.'  
So sweet: The pretty blonde also sent her best wishes to presenter Claudia Winkleman who has not returned to the show since her daughter was burned in an accident on Halloween
So sweet: The pretty blonde also sent her best wishes to presenter Claudia Winkleman who has not returned to the show since her daughter was burned in an accident on Halloween



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2834971/Pixie-Lott-defends-lovely-Judy-Murray-Strictly-fans-aim.html#ixzz3JG4VsN1l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook