Tuesday 4 November 2014

Frankie Bridge shows off her post-pregnancy figure as she talks about getting back to her best

'I felt out of control of my body': Frankie Bridge shows off her post-pregnancy figure as she talks about getting back to her best

When Frankie Bridge became a mum for the first time to son Parker, now one, she admits it took a while to get used to the changes in her body.
But she tells Women's Health magazine that she feels better than ever after working on her health and fitness levels. 
Talking about her pregnancy, the Saturdays singer said: 'It was the first time I think I felt out of control of my body. I got water retention within the first three months – none of my shoes would fit. 
Scroll down for video 
Hard: Talking about her pregnancy, the Saturdays singer said, 'It was the first time I think I felt out of control of my body. I got water retention within the first three months – none of my shoes would fit'
Ab fab: Frankie Bridge says she's feeling back to her best after becoming a mum for the first time

Frankie says Pilates-style workouts helped her get back into shape although she prefers to spend her spare time with her little boy - 'I did three sessions a week at the most,' she said. 
'Then as time went on and I got fitter and healed, I did a couple of sessions of Pilates locally too, and Wayne would come with me. 
Hard: Talking about her pregnancy, the Saturdays singer said, 'It was the first time I think I felt out of control of my body. I got water retention within the first three months – none of my shoes would fit'
Hard: Talking about her pregnancy, the Saturdays singer said, 'It was the first time I think I felt out of control of my body. I got water retention within the first three months – none of my shoes would fit'
Work it out: The Saturdays singer said her husband Wayne became her personal trainer and they did boxing and pilates classes together
Work it out: The Saturdays singer said her husband Wayne became her personal trainer and they did boxing and pilates classes together
Read the full  interview and how to get her rock-hard abs in the December issue of Women’s Health – on sale Wednesday 5 November
Read the full interview and how to get her rock-hard abs in the December issue of Women’s Health – on sale Wednesday 5 November
'Footballers tend to be tight, so it helps. He’s competitive. I don’t think he realised how hard it is.'
The pretty brunette says her husband was far from easy on her as he stood in as personal trainer. 'Oh my God, he’s horrible,' she said. 
'I did boxing with him a few times and he’d make me carry on for ages. 
'It’s because he’s so disciplined. He’ll be on the bike for 40minutes, sweat dripping everywhere… 
'Whereas the minute I start sweating, I’m like "I can’t do this anymore," that’s why I need someone to push me.'
Frankie, who has been open about her past battles with depression, told the publication she was worried she might become ill once again after the birth of her son.
'It was one of my biggest fears because so many people do get postnatal depression. I was convinced I was going to get it – but I didn’t and somehow that’s just made it all even more positive.' 
Frankie also revealed that while she always wanted more children, as does her footballer husband, she's not sure she's quite ready yet. 
'Now I’ve just got my body back to feeling normal – I’m not ready to give that up yet.'
Read the full Frankie Bridge interview and how to get her rock-hard abs in the December issue of Women’s Health – on sale Wednesday 5 November. Also available as a digital edition. 


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2819028/Frankie-Bridge-shows-post-pregnancy-figure.html#ixzz3I64Kz2sE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook